VVA symptoms can have a significant impact on health-related quality of life
Findings from the REVIVE (REal Women's VIews of Treatment Options for Menopausal Vaginal ChangEs) survey, the largest cohort online survey conducted in the United States in post-menopausal women with VVA symptoms (n=3,046)1:
- 59% of participants reported that VVA symptoms had the greatest impact on a woman’s enjoyment of sex.1
- VVA symptoms were reported to interfere with sexual spontaneity, sexual intimacy and the relationship with their partner.1
- 12% of women without a partner reported that they were not seeking a sexual partner due to VVA symptoms.1
- VVA symptoms like dyspareunia negatively impact QoL and self-esteem and have been shown to interfere with mental health, sexual intimacy and the ability to have a loving relationship.1-5
- Impact on QoL has been shown to be clinically meaningful and comparable to serious conditions such as arthritis, COPD, asthma and IBS.6*
*Osphena's indication is limited to the treatment of moderate to severe dyspareunia, a symptom of VVA due to menopause.7
Please see Important Safety Information and Full Prescribing Information, including Boxed Warning regarding Endometrial Cancer and Cardiovascular Disorders.
1 Kingsberg SA, Wysocki S, Magnus L, Krychman ML. Vulvar and Vaginal Atrophy in Postmenopausal Women: Findings from the REVIVE (REal Women's VIews of Treatment Options for Menopausal Vaginal ChangEs) Survey. J Sex Med 2013 Jul; 10: 1790-1799.
2 Nappi RE, Kingsberg S, Maamari R, Simon J. The CLOSER (CLarifying Vaginal Atrophy's Impact On Sex and Relationships) Survey: Implications of Vaginal Discomfort in Postmenopausal Women and in Male Partners. J Sex Med 2013; 10: 2232-2241.
3 Simon JA, Kokot-Kierepa M, Goldstein J, Nappi R. Vaginal Health in the United States: Results from the Vaginal Health: Insights, Views & Attitudes Survey. Menopause 2013; 20(10): 1043/1048.
4 Wysocki S, Kingsberg S, Krychman M. Management of Vaginal Atrophy: Implications from the REVIVESurvey. Clin Med Insights Reprod Health 2014; 8: 23-30.
5 Simon JA, Nappi RE, Kingsberg SA, et al. Clarifying Vaginal Atrophy’s Impact on Sex and Relation-ships (CLOSER) survey: Emotional and physical impact of vaginal discomfort on North American postmenopausal women and their partners. Menopause 2014;21:137–142.
6 DiBonaventura M, Luo X, Moffatt M, et al. The Association Between Vulvovaginal Atrophy Symptoms and Quality of Life Among Postmenopausal Women in the United States and Western Europe. J Women Health 2015; 24(9): 713-22.
7 Osphena Prescribing Information. Shionogi Inc.; 2015.